CESARE GERONZI: curriculum vitae
Chairman of Fondazione Assicurazioni Generali S.p.A.
From April 2010 to april 2011, Chairman of Assicurazioni Generali S.p.A.
From October 2008 to April 2010, Chairman of the Board of Directors for Mediobanca S.p.A.
From June 2007 to April 2010, Chairman of the parties in the Shareholders' Agreement for Mediobanca S.p.A.
In June 2007, he was appointed as Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Mediobanca S.p.A.
From 2002 to 2007, President of Capitalia S.p.A., holding company of the banking group of the same name, comprised of the Banca di Roma, Banco di Sicilia, Bipop Carire, FinecoBank and Mcc. In 2002, he was appointed as President of the FinecoGroup, formerly Bipop Carire S.p.A.
In 1999, following the acquisition of Mediocredito Centrale S.p.A. he served as president until 2000.
In 1992, he was nominated as a Board Member of Mediobanca S.p.A. where, in 1995, he took on the role of Vice Chairman, which he held until June 2007.
Beginning in 1992, he held the position of Director General of the Banca di Roma and in 1995 was nominated President.
From 1991 to 1995 he held the title of Managing Director of S.i.p.a.b., which changed its company name on 14 May 1992 to the Cassa di Risparmio di Roma Holding, of which he was President from 1995 to 1997.
Subsequently and until 1992, he led the merging of the Cassa di Risparmio di Roma, the Banco di Santo Spirito and the Banco di Roma as the Director General of the Banco di Santo Spirito, Director General and Board Member of the Cassa di Risparmio di Roma and Board Member of the Banco di Roma.
Managing Director of the Banco di Santo Spirito from 1989 to 1991.
From 1982 to February 1991, Director General of the Cassa di Risparmio of Roma.
Vice Chairman of the Banco di Napoli from 1980 to 1982.
Worked in the field of accounting until 1960, the year he won the Bank of Italy competitive exam, completing the program in 1980 with the title, Director of International Relations.
Additional positions held:
- Board Member for CASPIE (Independent Health Care Fund for central bank personnel);
- Member of the Governing Council for the Vatican Rights Foundation at Bambino Gesù Hospital;
- "Honoris causa" degree in Economics and Business from the University of Bari;
- Grand Officer “Grande Ufficiale Ordine al merito della Repubblica Italiana”;
- Awarding of the honorific title of Knight Commander “Commendatore Sacro Ordine di San Gregorio Magno”;
- Awarding of the Knight Commander's Cross of Merit “Croce di Commendatore dell’Ordine al Merito Melitense del Sovrano Militare Ordine Ospedaliero di San Giovanni di Gerusalemme, di Rodi e di Malta;
- Honorary Fellow of the Tel Aviv Museum of Art.